Primark is receiving loads of praise for choosing a model who was born with one arm

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Primark is receiving loads of praise for choosing a model who was born with one arm

13 Sep 2018, 11:22

Primark has been praised by thousands online for choosing a model with a disability to model their clothes. The fashion retailer recently shared an image of Kelly Knox , a model who was born missing her left arm, looking amazing in a leopard print skirt and yellow top. The photo has been flooded with comments and has received more than 113,000 likes – making it one of Primark’s most liked Instagram photos.

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

Re: Primark is receiving loads of praise for choosing a model who was born with one arm

13 Sep 2018, 11:23

Since the image was shared, people have been commenting to congratulate Primark on giving women with differences the chance to succeed in the modelling world. One person wrote: ‘Well done Primark thank you for making the first step in using a disabled model and showing other brands not to be afraid. Big congratulations, the highest praise.’

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

Re: Primark is receiving loads of praise for choosing a model who was born with one arm

13 Sep 2018, 11:25

Someone else wrote: ‘I think it’s great that Primark have beautiful models like this. We all deserve a chance at everything.’ After seeing how many people loved the Instagram post, we just had to talk to the model herself. Kelly told Metro.co.uk that she was scouted for Primark through her agency, MILK. She said: ‘I feel so lucky and grateful to be represented by a major agency who believes in me and my beauty. ‘Who believes in the power and strength of diversity and is passionate about challenging beauty ideals and breaking barriers in the industry.’ Kelly says she has been blown away by the reaction to the Instagram post on Primark’s account. She’s had so many people messaging her to tell her what an inspiration she is.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

13 Sep 2018, 11:27

Kelly said: ‘The amount of DMs received is unreal. Messages from Paralympians, mums to children like me, young girls with low body confidence to aspiring models… this is exactly why I am doing this. ‘We all need role models, leaders and heroes to look up to, to enable us to dream that anything and everything is possible. Beauty is not one dimensional. ‘It is time to stop aspiring to perfection. ‘It is time to support and empower each other, relishing in every so called flaw or imperfection.’ Kelly, who was born with her lower left arm missing, says she was ‘born into’ her body, and has never seen herself as ‘missing a bit’. She explained: ‘From as early as I can remember, I knew I was more than a body. ‘That my soul holds all the beauty, power, wisdom and magic.’

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

13 Sep 2018, 11:27

According to Kelly, she wasn’t at all nervous to shoot with Primark. She was ‘excited, joyful, happy and proud’. She tells us: ‘I have been doing this for ten years! ‘At the start of my modelling career, I remember seeing a video of a model saying “New York Fashion Week would rather burn down then see a disabled model on the runway”. ‘I had no idea people feared a body like mine so much. ‘Every time I felt like giving up or disempowered, her words echoed in my mind – I wanted to prove “disabled” people are beautiful, strong, creative, worthy, powerful and deserving of representation. ‘Anything other than full and equal access is oppression. ‘I am determined to change people’s perceptions about disablity – to shine my light onto the world.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

13 Sep 2018, 11:28

‘I have worked hard – physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually to get to this point. ‘It is only the beginning.’ Kelly is Primark’s first disabled model – a massive step to showing that diversity can and should make it into the modelling world. On this success, Kelly said: ‘My Dad who passed away in 2013 would be going crazy right now – he was my biggest fan. ‘He had modelling photos of me all over his flat, including the toilet. I will say my life has changed when my diary is constantly full! ‘In this wonderfully diverse world we live in, the most modern and moral thing the media can do is to represent us all.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

13 Sep 2018, 11:29

‘Diversity is the spice of life! ‘The pressure to be perfect is at an all time high. ‘I believe showing the world beauty comes in all different shapes, sizes, colours, abilities, genders and ages, is very freeing for people – we owe it to ourselves to have the freedom to be ourselves as individuals, the freedom to feel beautiful.’
metro.co.uk