Woman without arms

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Woman without arms

28 Aug 2018, 21:41

Being born without arms has not proven a disability for this inspirational woman who has adapted to life using her feet.
Jessica Cox, 32, was born without arms and while she wore prosthetic limbs as a child, she eventually abandoned them in favour of using her feet to perform everyday tasks.
'There's nothing that can substitute the tactile ability of flesh and bone - and my feet have that ability,' she said.

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

Re: Woman without arms

28 Aug 2018, 21:42

Got her wings: Jessica Cox was the first woman to get a pilot's licence after learning to fly with her feet

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 21:43

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 21:45

Never held back: She was also the first woman to get a black belt in Tae Kwon Do and has learnt to surf

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 21:47

Ever since, she has been proving that she can do anything that people with arms can do, achieving merits that most people would be incredibly proud of.
Five years ago, she became the first woman without arms to get a pilot's licence after learning to fly a plane with her feet.
She also became the first armless black belt in the American Tae Kwon Do Association.
And she married Patrick Chamberlain, 30, who was an instructor at the school, proving that her disability would not be a barrier to love.
Mrs Cox is able to drive a car without modifications, type on a keyboard and even play the piano, constantly proving that her disability would not hold her back.
Jessica said: 'Naturally people saw me not having arms as a limiting factor - but I was there to prove them wrong.
At three years old I was involved in gymnastics, at six I started tap dancing lessons, I did modelling, I swam at five, 10-years-old I was doing Tae Kwon Do, I did every activity you could imagine.'
Five years ago Jessica met her husband, Patrick Chamberlain, through their mutual love for Tae Kwon Do.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 21:49

Jessica said: 'Patrick, was a fourth-degree black belt and he was teaching a class with my friend, and we hit it off right away.
'We got to know each other on an instructor-student basis and met outside of school at social gatherings.
'He moved on to a different Tae Kwon Do school eventually and he asked me out and the rest was history.'
Patrick said: 'Jessica and I had been dating for several months when I decided that she was the woman I was going to marry
'She is unrelenting, positive, and unstoppable, and has opened my eyes to new possibilities since the day I met her.'
Jessica and Patrick were married in 2012, and live together in Tucson, Arizona, where she lives her life independently.
Jessica said: 'I faced some challenges when it came to learning how to get dressed, but it was a trial and error process.
'We started off mounting hooks on the walls and I would hang my clothes on the hooks and wiggle my way into them.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 22:07

No thanks: Jessica started out wearing prosthetic arms but ditched them in favour of learning to use her feet so that she could live an independent life.
Back on the ground: Jessica showed many people with disabilities that anything is possible when she got her pilot's licence and entered the Guinness Book of World Records in 2008.'The hooks would sometimes create holes in my clothes and it was hard to have the hook in public restrooms where I needed to get dressed so I have a new hook that has a suction on it and it has been with me since I was 18-years-old.
'That was one of my biggest challenges, but I'm very independent, the only thing I really need help with is doing my hair.
'Patrick learned to do a very nice ponytail, bun and braid - it's very special because he realised how much it annoyed me to have my hair in my face.'
Jessica earned a Guinness World Record in 2008 when she received her pilot's license and became the first woman to fly an airplane with her feet.
She said: 'It took three years, three different airplanes, three instructors, 80 hours of flying in three states, and I was a certified pilot.'
Jessica can even flawlessly play the piano and has completed two duets with her husband.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

28 Aug 2018, 22:08

n the saddle: Jessica has always been very active and taken every opportunity to prove that her disability won't stop her enjoying the same things that others do

http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

20 Nov 2019, 11:10