Sian Green -british model who lost her leg

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

12 Mar 2018, 18:41

Sian Green was in the ambulance and there was an oxygen mask over her face. Soon she heard a paramedic hurriedly told the hospital that he carries a victim of amputation.
"I yelled at the paramedic to save my leg," she says, the memory is still painfully vivid.
But he leaned over and said, " sorry, honey. There's nothing we can do."Then I realized that nothing in my life would ever be the same.’

The twenty-four-year-old fashion student and trauma model were so serious that she had to amputate the left leg below the knee.
A taxi crashed into her on the first day of a dream holiday to new York with her best friend summer.
At that time, it was reported that the driver simply lost control of his vehicle. But now it seems that, in a moment of apparent road rage, he used his car to RAM the cyclist he was arguing with a few minutes ago.
His taxi mounted the sidewalk and mowed down Sian.

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

12 Mar 2018, 18:45

"It was an accident, but it could have been avoided," she says. "I saw the driver deliberately mount the sidewalk on which my friend and I were walking so that he could get to the cyclist. It was unruly road rage.’
In her first newspaper interview after returning home two weeks ago, sian, whose lower left leg was torn apart by the car's bumper, says she remembers waking up on the ground and feeling nothing at first because she was shocked.
After a few moments, the pain unlike anything she ever felt before, hit. The severed limb was kept in a container full of ice, but the hospital surgeons couldn't attach it.
They did, however, successfully battle to save her other foot, which was badly mangled.
At first Sian, from Leicester, struggled to cope with the loss of her lower left leg, but six weeks on she has bounced bravely back.
‘Sometimes I look at the stump and it seems alien,’ she says. ‘It really does take some mental adjustment because it’s so different from what I’m used to.
‘I get “phantom pain” because my brain still thinks the left leg is all there. But what I really hate is that I can’t get out of bed and go to the bathroom without assistance.
‘I’m also trying to adjust to the fact that I can’t drive until I get my new prosthetic leg. There are so many things I can’t do without help – and having to rely on people is difficult because I’m very independent.
‘But I try to remember that my dependence on others is not for ever and to be grateful that I am alive.’
Sometimes, when you meet people who have faced great trauma, it feels as if something redemptive is nestling within the tragedy – from which the victim emerges stronger than before.
Sian is determined not to be crushed by the tragedy. She explains she is eagerly looking forward to being fitted with her prosthetic leg in six to eight weeks – a new leg which she says, giggling with girlish delight, will allow her to wear high heels again.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

12 Mar 2018, 18:49

Only the speedy action of passers-by – strangers including a plumber who took the belt from his trousers to apply a tourniquet to the bloody left stump and a woman who wrapped a dog leash around Sian’s other leg – saved her from bleeding to death.

A celebrity television doctor also rushed to the scene to advise and helped a food-seller pack the severed lower leg in a cooler full of ice.
‘I felt nauseous,’ Sian says. ‘The pain in my legs was excruciating. I was conscious but had no idea how badly hurt I was. To be honest, I thought I had broken my leg.’
She was taken to hospital in the ambulance and rushed into theatre. ‘There were about a dozen medical people around me,’ she says.
‘It was like a scene from ER. I didn’t know then that my lower left leg and foot had already been severed at the scene – but when I woke up five hours later I instinctively knew it was gone.’

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

12 Mar 2018, 18:51

Sian also praises her close-knit family – mother Sonia, father Jason and two sisters – for helping her cope with the way her life has changed.
Even so, there are days when she cannot help but be overwhelmed by her situation.
‘Sometimes I’m not as happy, not as smiley. Of course I still do smile, but what happened is always at the back of my mind.
'I get flashbacks four or five times every day. I see the car coming towards me with the bicycle on it, then there is just darkness.’
The Manhattan district attorney’s office has opened a criminal investigation into the accident – but is yet to decide whether to press charges against the driver, Faysal Kabir Mohammad Himon.
It emerged he was not licensed to drive the cab as he had committed previous motoring offences and was already serving a suspension. Those earlier violations should have prevented him from working with any taxi firm.
But he slipped through the net because of a computer glitch at the New York taxi commission, the regulatory body.

Sian is clearly still angry, but is determined to instead focus on getting well. ‘That’s where I have to put my energy,’ she says.
‘Of course I’m furious that both men have just walked away. But having come so close to dying has made me appreciate living so much more.
‘There we were, walking and enjoying ourselves and it could all have been over because of someone’s stupidity. That’s why you shouldn’t take anything for granted – it can all be gone in a moment.’