Brenna Huckaby - the first amputee featured sis swimsuit issue

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Brenna Huckaby - the first amputee featured sis swimsuit issue

17 Feb 2018, 16:37

Brenna Huckaby, 22, due to take part in her first Paralympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea, in March, stars in this year's edition in striking shots taken by photographer James Macari on a stunning beach in Aruba.
The three-time world championship gold medalist had her right leg amputated after being diagnosed with osteosarcoma in 2010, but hasn't let it keep her from becoming one of the best in her sport.

Milestone: Pro snowboarder Brenna Huckaby, 22, has become the first Paralympian to ever grace the pages of Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit issue

Behind-the-scenes: She stars in this year's edition in striking shots taken by photographer James Macari on a stunning beach in Aruba
'When I got the call I was chosen I jumped up and down and paced my room for an hour because I was so excited.'
Brenna, who was a teenager when she lost her right leg, was fitted with her first prosthetic leg a month after the surgery and relocated to Salt Lake City to practice snowboarding.
The former gymnast started competing in 2013 and took a break from her sport in 2016, when she became pregnant with her daughter Lilah, now 17 months old.
The snowboarder started training again in August 2016, three months after Lilah's birth.
She is now one of the favorites to bring home the gold during two events in this year's Paralympics.
While she is used to dealing with jitters in a competitive setting, Brenna admitted she felt 'so nervous' during her Sports Illustrated photo shoot, for which she had to get up at 4am.
'I have never seen myself as s*exy, it just isn't my personality. I was very nervous to channel a different side of myself,' she said.

More fotos

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Re: Brenna Huckaby - the first amputee featured sis swimsuit issue

17 Feb 2018, 16:53

Wise words: 'Everyone should feel s*exy. It doesn't matter what your body looks like, when you feel good in your skin it shows,' Brenna said

Back to work: The former gymnast started competing in 2013 and took a break from her sport in 2016, when she became pregnant with her daughter Lilah, now 17 months old

Resilience: Brenna, who was a teenager when she lost her right leg, was fitted with her first prosthetic leg a month after the surgery and relocated to Salt Lake City

With her swimsuit spread, Brenna hopes to send an empowering message to other women.
'Everyone should feel s*exy. It doesn't matter what your body looks like, when you feel good in your skin it shows. Let me tell you, there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't feel good in your own skin!' she said.
Among those Brenna wants to inspired is also her toddler daughter Lilah, even though the mother said her little one probably doesn't understand the significance of the photo spread just yet.
'When she's older I hope she is also inspired, motivated, and empowered by my swimsuit shots,' she said. 'I hope she'll know the courage it took for me to pose in a swimsuit, and I hope that motivates her to step out of her comfort zone.'
Brenna also hopes to help reshape the conversation when it comes to people with disabilities.
'It's very rare, if ever, you see a woman with a disability pose in s*exy swimsuits,' she added. 'I want to help change the stigma behind disabilities. I want other women, regardless of their body, to know they are powerful and s*exy.'
Body positivity is an important theme for the athlete, who explained she hasn't always felt comfortable in her own skin.

'When I was a teenager I would wear shorts with my swimsuit every time. I would rarely take my prosthetic off in front of other people,' she said. 'I was afraid of what people would think of me because I didn't think very highly of myself. It wasn't until I had my daughter that I realized my body was more than an object. That was the moment I knew my body was a tool, a strong and forceful tool that takes me from experience to experience. Once I realized this I finally loved my body.'
Another athlete making her debut in this year's Swimsuit Issue.
Sports Pro-golfer Paige Spiranac, 24, proudly announced the news on Instagram earlier this month, sharing her excitement over her feature while posting a preview of what's to come in the magazine.
Paige, who has faced criticism in the golf world because of her good looks and what some consider to be revealing clothing, said she was thrilled that the magazine is helping her embrace her body.
The SI Swim Instagram account also uploaded a video of Paige posing in a s*exy black swimsuit.
'Meet the first athlete of #SISwim 2018, @_paige.renee!' the magazine wrote. 'She's using her platform as an #SISwim model to fight cyberbullying and we couldn't be more proud to welcome her into the family.'

'They allow women to feel s*exy if they want to feel s*exy no matter what they look like or what size they are. I think that's an attitude that everyone should have.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

redd100
Старожил
Sex: male
Belgium

Re: Brenna Huckaby - the first amputee featured sis swimsuit issue

04 Sep 2018, 08:26

redd100
Старожил