Alton Towers amputee Leah Washington

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Alton Towers amputee Leah Washington

21 Jan 2018, 15:22

ALTON Towers rollercoaster amputee Leah Washington has enjoyed a romantic day out at Christmas markets with her boyfriend.

The brave teen rugged up for the cold in a stylish black faux fur jacket, with boyfriend Joe Pugh helping with her wheelchair as they made their way through the stalls.

Leah was joined by her parents - having previously revealed her love of Christmas, writing on her blog: "It is never too early to start festivities and preparing for Christmas day.

"I love visiting all the garden centres, Christmas markets and anything festive."

While the teen wasn't spotted with any shopping bags, she could possibly have been looking for Christmas decorations at the Liverpool Christmas markets, having revealed she would plan a colour theme for the family tree with her mum every year.

Listing champagne colours and glitter as her favourite look for this year, she added: "Decorating the house with Christmas decorations is one of my favourite things to do."

It is one of the rare times that Leah has been seen in a wheelchair, with the young woman often choosing to use a prosthetic.

Leah had to have her left leg amputated after the Smiler crash on her first date with Joe in June 2015.

But while the teen said she had struggled during the recovery after the crash, she was declared an inspiration as she overcame her setbacks.

She even shared a defiant bikini selfie - telling her social media followers: "Going on holiday and wearing a bikini in front of so many other people was one of my biggest fears but now I’m starting to feel confident in my own skin (and bikini lol) and realise that every individual looks great in their own way."

Leah, of Barnsley, was riding in the front carriage with her boyfriend Joe Pugh when it smacked into another cart and left them trapped for more than four hours.

The accident in June 2015 was put down to human error and Alton Towers' owner firm Merlin Attractions was fined £5million for health and safety breaches.

An investigation found an engineer had wrongly restarted the Smiler ride while a stationary carriage was on the track in front of it.

Judge Michael Chambers QC described the accident as a “catastrophic failure” and said it was entirely avoidable.

Others hurt included Vicky Balch, 20, from Lancashire, who had six rounds of surgery in a bid to save her leg before needing an amputation.
www.thesun.co.uk

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel: