Amputee model Kelly Knox

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Amputee model Kelly Knox

01 Dec 2019, 11:25

A model born without her left forearm has called for brands to do more to tap into the 'purple pound' spending power of disabled shoppers.
Kelly Knox, 35, who has worked for brands like Primark and Fenty, said companies need to work harder to ensure disabled people - particularly mothers and pregnant women - are better represented in public forums.
She said without this women are left feeling 'ashamed' of their bodies - and companies are missing out on the spending power of disabled customers.

Mother-of-one Kelly Knox, who was born without her left forearm, has called for more representation of disabled mothers and pregnant women.

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

Re: Amputee model Kelly Knox

01 Dec 2019, 11:27

In 2016, Kelly gave birth four-year-old son Jenson and is currently pregnant with her second child, and noticed that images mothers with disabilities, were 'nowhere to be seen'

The mum wants disabled people to be 'leaders in society',and she is pictured at a photocall for Simply Be's Christmas lingerie collection for their inclusive lingerie catwalk show 'We're All Angels'

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

01 Dec 2019, 11:28

Speaking to FEMAIL, Kelly, who has four-year-old son Jenson and is pregnant with her second child, said: 'Motherhood needs to be diversified and disabled mothers are a huge part of this agenda.
'Where are the positive, strong, beautiful images of disabled mums or mums-to-be? Nowhere to be seen! I wonder how this affects women out there, like me,on their decision to start a family?

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

01 Dec 2019, 11:29

'As there is no representation, does it make these women feel like they can't be mum's, shouldn't be mums, feel ashamed to be mums, are less able to be mums?
'Disabled people face enough barriers - not feeling confident, able or empowered enough to parent should not be one of them.'

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

01 Dec 2019, 11:30

Kelly, wants disabled people to be 'leaders in society', to strengthen the message of positive disability representation.
'The purple pound spending power of disabled people, is worth £289billion per year in the U.K.', she said.
'Our largest untapped market, which the high street miss out on, as they do not market to us through advertising campaigns, or due to physical barriers such as access.'
In 2017, Kelly became one of the first models with a disability to star at London Fashion Week, walking the catwalk for British/Irish design duo Teatum Jones.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

01 Dec 2019, 11:31

She has fronted campaigns for the likes of Debenhams and Primark - but despite Kelly's career sky rocketing, she says most disabled people still feel invisible.
The model cited a shocking statistic, revealing 96 per cent of disabled people still feel they aren't being represented in the beauty and fashion industry.
She said: 'Representation is everything! In a recent study, 96 per cent of disabled people said they do not feel represented in the fashion and beauty industries. Which is nearly all of us.
'Imagine being portrayed like you don't exist. Anything other than full and equal access is 'oppression'.'
When quizzed on whether she felt patronised throughout her pregnancy because of her disability she said: 'As I was born this way – I knew how brilliant, adaptable and strong my body is.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

01 Dec 2019, 11:34

Pregnancy, labour, childbirth and breastfeeding made me love, respect and be in absolute awe of my body even more!'
However, Kelly also revealed the horrendous trolling she has faced online, and recalled comments made after sharing photos from a Savage Fenty Lingerie shoot with her best friend, curve model Felicity Hayward.
'Not long after I posted, a troll posted in my comments: 'Grow an arm, you f*****g ugly disabled b***h.', she revealed.
'I blocked them straight away – it is not the kind of energy I want to invite in and be all up in my auric field.'
But Kelly wasn't offended by the nasty jibes, and felt the troll was simply intimidated by a woman 'fully in her power, relishing in all her imperfections'.
She said: 'How could I feel offended by an unevolved, close-minded, ignorant, foolish person? I am not ashamed of myself - my body is incredible, resilient and clever!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/