Amputee model Jess Quinn

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
admin
Администратор
Sex: female

Amputee model Jess Quinn

07 May 2019, 19:27

She's not your usual celebrity. Jess Quinn is not a television star, politician or socialite. She's a woman who, as a child, fought cancer and beat it. She calls herself a social media influencer and "an advocate for positive body image".
Basically, Quinn models. Her modelling, however, means more than most. And after just one photo shoot, her career took off a few years ago.

Если нечего сказать по теме лучше промолчи @

.....бывают дни хорошие...
:angel:

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

Re: Amputee model Jess Quinn

07 May 2019, 19:32

Now, with more than 160,000 Instagram followers, the Auckland celeb will compete on Dancing with the Stars.
It is to be the first time she has danced since she was eight years old. She used to dance, a lot, having been enrolled in dance school, but then it all stopped for a while.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:32

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:36

The agency is owned by Katie Wilcox, a former plus-size model.
Its mission is to "let models be healthy and happy", according to its website, while providing them with an opportunity to work as a model at their natural body shape and size.
The agency has booked models on TV advertisements for brands such as Macy's, Target and Ford.
Quinn said Wilcox was an advocate for inspiring others to feel good in the skin they're in.
"So I'm really excited to be able to learn from her, I'll also be doing influencer work and looking at speaking engagements ... so the opportunities ahead are really exciting.
"I just want to keep telling my story and sharing the things I'm passionate about in as many ways as I can. I'm going to continue doing social media and modelling but I would like to have a huge focus on speaking."

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:39

Jess Quinn lost her leg to cancer as a 9-year-old. In her early teens, she went years without wearing shorts. Today, at 25, the fashion school graduate is a social media influencer, blogger and brand ambassador living in Auckland.
I was outside one day playing with my older sister in our backyard and thought I'd show off a little bit and stand on a soccer ball. I lost my balance, heard a snap, and fell to the ground screaming. It turned out I'd broken my femur. I was rushed into surgery to fix the break. That whole period's quite blurry to me. I remember being like, "Oh, six weeks in plaster - this is hell." I was super athletic and just wanted to get back into that.
I started rehab and my leg just wasn't really healing. I could walk but I was in a lot of pain. They put me through a series of tests. And they found a tumor in my femur, which is what had caused it to break.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:42

The cancer was quite far along and because of the break, the risk of it having spread was quite high. I was rushed back into hospital and pretty much immediately started chemo. The chemo wasn't shrinking my cancer, so the decision was made to amputate my leg. My surgery was booked in for mid-October of 2001.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:46

When you're that young, you don't understand the implications of what you're going through. Obviously I knew I was really sick. But I guess when you're a kid, you're living day by day. You're like, "Ugh, I'm vomiting again," as opposed to like, "Ugh, I've got cancer." It becomes the norm, almost. I feel like it would have been so much harder for my parents to watch, because they had the full realisation of what was going on. It was the same when I was told I was losing my leg. It wasn't until later in life that the implications of that hit me.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:51

Cancer survivor, entrepreneur and accidental influencer Jess Quinn on health, wealth and self-love

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:52

Then there’s her pole leg, which has the same capabilities as the prosthetic but isn’t as precious. “I can swim in it and just generally thrash it a bit more”.
Swimming, dancing, boxing, running… if you’re never short of an excuse not to exercise, meeting Jess will make you feel two things: guilty, then motivated. “I was always super sporty but throughout my rehabilitation, I rekindled my love of fitness, because I’d be at the gym and all of a sudden do a pull-up and people — myself included — were amazed. I got addicted to the feeling of being ‘able’. Having grown up not knowing what my capabilities would be, I quickly realised that, bar a few things that were literally not an option, my fate was in my own hands.” Today, Jess’ main motivation is being able to do normal, social activities — walk up a hill; go on an adventure with her friends. Things most of us take for granted, she has to continuously put in work to achieve. Understandably, she’s pretty damn proud of her body and herself.

Topic Author
admin
Администратор

07 May 2019, 19:53

Already delivering motivational talks to corporate audiences on the regular, Jess has plans for a national school tour, speaking to adolescents about body image issues, adversity, and how to understand and cope with the pressures and pitfalls of social media.