Underarm or forearm crutches? (what devotees likes)

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

1. Wooden underarm crutches
22%
2. Metal (steel, AL) underarm crutches
34%
3. Forearm crutches
45%

Total votes: 74

Topic Author
Amputee Lia Milano
Интересующийся
Sex: female
Ваш Знак зодиака: Козерог
Russia

22 Jul 2018, 20:36

Hello everybody!
I'm still a beginner here on the forum, I hope you'll take it well. : oops:
With the theme of devotism, I have known for a long time and in general I treat it quite well. For a year now I am an amputated model, and many of you know me. Since I learned about the devotees, this subject has become very interesting to me, I'm an inquisitive person and today I want to ask you devoti what crutches do you like? I mean the image of a girl with a leg amputation.
It's clear that users of crutches for themselves choose what crutches they are comfortable with. Personally, I can not say unequivocally that I prefer some particular type of crutches. For me, it's important that the crutches are light, comfortable and beautiful (I'm still a girl, and this is an accessory for me), and so that they do not bang while walking. Now I have to walk constantly on crutches and prefer canadians, which I already have many different colors. Axillary crutches are also available and I use them at home, so my hands are free for household chores, as well as walking well in winter, are more stable, less risk of falling on a slippery road. I also often see girls on wooden crutches on the Internet and on the street, but they seem to me heavy and old-fashioned, with them I would feel like an old grandmother. I think these crutches are bought mostly in Russia or in poor Asian countries.

And now your opinion, dear devotees. What kind of crutches do you like more girls? As far as I understand, the aesthetically correct and finished image of the amputate girl is very important for you, and crutches are no less important to you than our clothes or shoes. Do not pass by, vote, I'm interested in a common opinion. And who here is more brave - do not hesitate and write your comments, it will be pleasant to me to esteem and communicate on this theme. :Bravo:

skippiebg
Интересующийся
Sex: -

Re: Underarm or forearm crutches? (what devotees likes)

23 Jul 2018, 14:18

Hi Lia -- all types are okay to me. What matters much more is how well and skilfully they are used. I also like seeing one-legged women with a single axilla crutch.

Bbwampadmirer
Новичок
United States of America

23 Jul 2018, 16:17

Wooden underarm are my favorite aesthetically. However any type being used by an amputee is desirable. The sound made by aluminum firearm or underarm crutches will catch my attention very quickly as wooden ones seems to be quieter

jimbo89

Underarm or forearm crutches?

23 Jul 2018, 19:36

Lia, you are lovely! I prefer axillary crutches myself but a woman who is accomplished on any crutches is a thrill to me.

Mollyduker
Дух форума
Australia

24 Jul 2018, 05:33

Amputee Lia Milano,

Hi Lia,

You pose an interesting question, especially coming from an amputee. Personally I prefer forearm crutches. Visually I find them more elegant. From your comments I presume you are using crutches full time. Not sure what level your amputation is, but do you also wear a prosthesis? And btw what caused you to become an amputee? Look forward to your reply.

KnyghtRyder
United States of America

26 Jul 2018, 22:29

As far as style, I'd side with under arm as it's more common in the states and what I've always been more used to seeing.

I can't say I have a hard preference in materials but I'll lean toward aluminum. They look a bit more casual and much more contemporary.

My wife switches between wood and aluminum underarm. Functionally they both have advantages. Aluminum tend to be lighter, but wood are much more quiet. Almost all of her aluminum crutches start to make noise after some use, but wood are always nearly silent.

She's also got one vintage pair we acquired at an antique store. They're polished aluminum with wing nut height adjusters, so there's nearly no noise from them; much like wooden crutches. They're probably from the 1960s or 70s. She's only used them around the house, but remarked on how incredibly light they are. They're a bit flashy for daily use but make an excellent compliment to a Halloween costumer period correct outfit.

amputeedevotee
Новичок
United States of America

27 Jul 2018, 10:28

I prefer underarm crutches

Topic Author
Amputee Lia Milano
Интересующийся
Sex: female
Ваш Знак зодиака: Козерог
Russia

06 Aug 2018, 23:38

Mollyduker,
Hi!
I prefer forearm crutches because they are lighter and more comfortable for me. Now i not using pros leg and really use crutches all day. My leg was amputated due illness in childhood.

Amputee model Lia Milano :angel:

femalecripplesonly
Старожил
Germany

07 Aug 2018, 13:03

Only forearm crutches allow a really elegant gait for onelegged women and safe running in uneven terrain. Metalmade axilla crutches are like Electricity poles, wooden made like parts of furniture.

Ampdev13

12 Aug 2018, 10:50

Hey Lia,
Great question! I appreciate the thought especially women amputees must put into choosing crutches!
I enjoy the sight of forearm crutches and feel the lesser the weight often seems to accompany a more delicate and graceful movement...
But in saying that, I don't care what someone uses as it isn't me that has to swing between them!