Can I get rid of been a devotee?

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

skippiebg
Интересующийся
Sex: -

Re: Can I get rid of been a devotee?

12 May 2020, 09:49

Do not try to overanalyse. Nobody has worked out "The Why" of devoteeism -- not devotees, not amputees, not psychoanalysts.

It is what it is!

Theer are plenty of positives, if you look for them with a positive attitude: you are there for girls/women who have sustained enormous trauma. You can channel your feelings into charity, offering friendship and companionship, art, qualifying to work as a doctor, nurse or prosthetits, or (why not!) scientific enquiry in which you have a unique insight. Devoteeism is what you make it. It is not just about having s*ex or wanting s*ex.

Your individual devoteeism is different to everyone else's. We all come from different places and walk down different streets to meet at the public square called Devoteeism. So there is nothing weird about your route to amputees.

But whatever else you do, please don't overanalyse! Staring at your navel is never very productive and always wastes a lot of time.

Romka
Житель
Sex: male
Ваш Знак зодиака: Рыбы

12 May 2020, 20:55

Lil wrote:
10 May 2020, 23:46
I'm sixteen. I've never been in a relationship but I've been in love with non amputee girls.
OMG, 16, so young!
My humble opinion, give your free and natural development a chance! Make use of internet (that I did not have at 16) and whatever can help you find one-legged girls. You are in no hurry finding the woman of your life, so the difficult search is no waste of time.

Just try to find a good compromise between finding the perfect match among two-legged, but always give your devoteeism a chance for the next 10 years or so! Even if you end up in a 4-legged-marriage, the pain of having missed out is the bigger, the less you have given devoteeism a chance before!

Sure I do not know, how hard your pains sometimes become. But remember, pains are the incentive that pushes you towards your destiny! Later on, when your bad feelings spoil all your love life, you can still consider any treatment.

Finally, thank you for being open to us!

Topic Author
Lil
Новичок

12 May 2020, 21:26

Skippiebg
With my respects everything has a reason. Especially when we are talking about psychology. Of course devoteeism has a reason. It's not magical. The same with any other disorder/deviation/psychological problem.
Would you say the same, for example for a depressive person?
"Don't think about reason of your depresion, it is what it is, don't overanalyze it."
We are like we are (psychologicaly) and we act like we act, in a little part beacause of genetics and the rest it's a mix of all the experiences, traumas or things that we learn in our lifes. Mostly in our childhood.
So I think that you're position is quite conformist.

And if you ask me what is devoteeism for me, I'll say that is a sexual preference that I don't like. It's not like a way of life or nothing like that. If you say I'm overanalyzing it, then I can say you're romanticizing something that's nothing but a simple sexual deviation.

Romka

I actually think that I've been giving a chance to devoteeism all this time. Like I said before I never really thought about it. It's not like I'm a superclosed-minded religious person or something like that I think I'm a open-minded person, especially with s*ex.

I think being in a relationship with an amputee only would hurt me more. She would be a reminder of the person I don't want to be.

By the way thank you both for the conversation, it's being interesting.

skippiebg
Интересующийся
Sex: -

14 May 2020, 11:50

Lil wrote:

everything has a reason. Especially when we are talking about psychology. Of course devoteeism has a reason. It's not magical. The same with any other disorder/deviation/psychological problem.
Of course everything has a reason. This does not mean we know that reason. Psychology has no convincing (or indeed any) explanation for devoteeism.
Lil wrote:

Would you say the same, for example for a depressive person?
Hmmm... Do you know, I probably would. Frankly, I distrust psychiatry and the related range of counselling and psychotherapeutic professions and suspect that they often take money from clients for no good reason. The results of their work are not measurable objectively. I know a lady who offers therapy and she herself -- and colleagues of hers I know through her -- is (are) a complete emotional mess! I admit, I might be wrong -- I have never been a client. I do know that people can work through their psychological hangups on their own. (This only applies, of course, if these problems are not dangerous to themselves or others.)

As to rejecting devoteeism -- well, that is the easiest solution of all! As any of us will readily testify, life is not replete with amputees by any means. This means that any devotee choosing to ignore and suppress his or her feelings has the luxury of being able to do so without wasting any time, effort, or nerves over it. Different philosophical and religious doctrines offer plentiful ways of overcoming or transcending feelings and emotions, meaning that support is always available, if only though reading a book.

I am not being faceitous but mean the above in full earnest!

Romka
Житель

16 May 2020, 20:22

Lil wrote:
She would be a reminder of the person I don't want to be
Let me challenge you once more!
So it seems, fear of not getting what you want in life is not why you hate devoteeism. You actually feel bad being devotee, so being with an amputee lady would make you feel bad.
Do you understand why? You say, you are a liberal person, so the people around you should not mind. But are you probably scared of presenting a one-legged girlfriend to your parents, friends or others? Can you imagine to show up with one in public?

Always remember, most of us, at your age, had no internet and thought they are alone in this world with maybe one more crazy devotee among billions. Now we know, not one man, but rather one percent of all men has this strange preference in various intensity.

Btw, which country are you from and what is your mother's tongue?

Topic Author
Lil
Новичок

26 Aug 2020, 21:28

Hi. I'm back. During this time I've been thinking about this and now I think I'm cool with devoteeism. At least, I'm no longer in that "denial phase". But I still have some doubts and I wanted to return to this forum to chat.

-But are you probably scared of presenting a one-legged girlfriend to your parents, friends or others? Can you imagine to show up with one in public?

-Idk, probably, I don't really like being the center of attention so It could be uncomfortable.

I'm from Spain so Spanish is my mother's tongue.

Romka
Житель

27 Aug 2020, 12:37

Lil wrote:
26 Aug 2020, 21:28
-But are you probably scared of presenting a one-legged girlfriend to your parents, friends or others? Can you imagine to show up with one in public?
If would have been in my teens or very early 20s at max! Later on, I have been walking around with such girl enjoying myself fiercely encountering the awkward stares from all around. And I would have definitely defended my choice in front of my parents if it had come that far!

framplor
Новичок

02 Sep 2020, 15:55

Lil, From experience I tell you that if you are a devotee you will never stop feeling the attraction.
I am 36 years old and I have gone through stages of denial as happens to you.
What I can recommend is that you always stay respectful and do not become a toxic devotee.