How do you feel being an amputee devotee?

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

illustrious22
Sex: male

Re: How do you feel being an amputee devotee?

16 Feb 2022, 02:54

My Story - Summarized.

When I was about the age of 7, my attraction to become an above the knee amputee started. I was too young to know anything about female attractions. Rather I spent my time pretending I had a bad leg. I walked home from school with a limp even though nothing was wrong with me physically. Teachers and local police showed up to my parents house asking questions on how I got hurt. My parents did not know what was happening. I was too shy to tell the truth, that I wanted to be disabled, to be an amputee. As the years past I never was attracted to abled women. But whenever I saw a girl at school on crutches, like a broken leg or sprain ankle. I felt happy and had a desire to be with them and share a moment, even if it was just to say hello. I would day dream of being an amputee during school, at home and anytime I was free from distractions. I took over my life. When I was lucky to spot my first amputee woman walking the streets at the age of 13, I wanted to follow her and ask her questions and tell her how lucky she was that she was an amputee. Off course this didn't happen, I was young and my parents were right with me and would not allow me to talk to strangers. Those few minutes of me staring at her and wondering how fortunate she was that she could live life as an amputee changed my life. I replayed in memory that event of the older woman crutching with grace and how her one leg was much stronger and was able to walk at a good pace. I replayed in my mind how her short stump never touched the ground, how it just glided through the air. For many months I would draw what I had seen, not very good drawings but just putting on paper my memory. I was slowly loosing the mental picture of how the amputee woman looked.

I still dreamt of being an amputee day and night, but now I wanted to be with an amputee woman. I started as a Wannabee but now I was a Devotee, at that time I didnt know these terms. When my parents were not home I would pretend that my leg was amputated, I would fold my leg and hold it with a belt. I would use a broom stick as a crutch in the house since I didnt have any crutches. The more pain I felt by practicing and pretending I was amputee the more joy I felt of being connected to that amputee woman I saw on the streets.

From the age of 14-18 I had a 3 encounters with amputees both male and female, I manage to talk to them for a short time when I volunteer at a nursing facility to get community service in order to graduate high school. The male was in his late 60s and he was very depress. But I stared at his stump and wonder what it would be to trade places with him. I asked him if it hurt, how he got it, and so many dumb questions that I had in mind at that age. I wanted to go back and ask more and more questions. But it really got weird and I was told to leave him alone. In the same nursing building there were two other woman one with an arm amputation and the other a mid thigh amputation. Both were in there 60s but I never cared about the age, I just wanted to be connected to the conversation. The one with the arm amputation, I asked questions and she answer but very shortly I realize I was not attracted to arm amputees. I stopped asking her questions. For the leg amputee I felt an attraction that to this day I remember as being my true first love. I had learn from the male amputee not to ask to many personal questions, so I would ask about 4 during my 2 hours of volunteering. My task while doing Community Service was to keep the senior citizens company and have conversation, get them snacks from the lounge area, and sometimes help them write letters. For the woman amputee I always wanted to touch her stump, but I didnt know how to ask. I would get close to her side and try to accidently touch it, but I was too scare and I never did.

My last two years of high school, my father purchased our first computer for about 3,500 dollars, I would use Netzero and search the internet for amputee woman. I found Carol Davis and wow, I fell in love with that website and Joy. To this day I remember how I would fantasize about being her boyfriend. I could not visit this site nor Ampix at school because I was scared of what others would see me. I would go to my neighbors and ask them for their free AOL CD or activation code so that I could have free internet during the trial period. We did not have much money and my dad didnt think internet was important.

After high school, I joined the military. I realize I was a Wannabe, Pretender, and Devotee. In that order. I wanted to be with an amputee woman since medically I could not be an amputee myself. Very hard to become one and the majority of doctors dont understand the desire. I pretended in private to give me the satisfaction of one day becoming an amputee. The next best thing was to date an amputee at all cost. By this time I was driving and had a steady job in the military. I would visit hospitals and prosthetic centers in hope that I would meet an amputee woman. This was a lot of waiting when I would see an amputee woman either they would be with other people and I was scare to approach them or they were too old to date or so I thought. I wanted a perfect amputee woman, someone my age, with an above knee amputation. I was becoming very picky, I would log onto to chat channels like Yahoo Groups, WinXp, Excite, Hotbot, and hope to start a conversation. Sometimes, I did but I wanted proof they were an amputee and wanted a picture and very quickly the conversation ended. I did not trust or thought it could be another Devotee pretending. Eventually, I learn to be patient and ask for simple questions relating to life and day to day activities. I managed to virtually meet other amputee woman, got their phone number and called them (long distance relationship). This didnt work since they would want a local boyfriend. I dont know if they were pretending but their pictures were of amputee woman and on the phone it was woman that I was talking too. Much later I realize that their is a thing for Wannabee women. Maybe we were helping each other cope with this.

I would spend money traveling to amputee coalition conference in hopes to meet someone. Most of them had a support partner and I was trying to overcome my shyness. I never connected with anyone that I could date, more of the same, just asking questions about lifestyle and goals. I had a confidence problem. I did not advertise I was a devotee, nor a wannabe. I felt like if I did I would lose any chance of dating. I had regular girlfriends but during s*ex I would imagine them as an amputee and it would work, I would feel pleasure. I would ask my girlfriends if they had ever broken a bone or used crutches, thinking that if I was lucky they would again use crutches. Didnt happen. I never gave up, I looked everywhere and eventually met my current wife who is a RAK. I never intended to marry her because of her amputation, I wanted to date her forever. But she got pregnant and we got married. To this day, I love my wife, but I am jealous of her. She is an amputee and I am not. I met her at a disabled foundation sport event, I was putting myself in front of all these opportunities that when it finally happen, it was natural. I did not ask her perverted questions, why because my fantasy has always been about me becoming an amputee not marrying one. I treated her like my delicate flower and have always taken care of her. I was dating her to feel close to my dream of becoming an amputee. The more we went out and had un protected s*ex the more natural it was for me to be with her. I got happy knowing I had succeeded in dating an above knee amputee. I never cared what side the amputation was, only that it was above the knee. However for me, I have never stopped dreaming of becoming a LAK.

Today we are happy, like I said I love her, but my happiness is not complete. I hide from her that I am a Wannabee, although she figured it out after marriage that I was a Devotee. She caught me many times downloading and watching videos of SAK women. She did cry and she did get very mad at me. I mention to her my struggle of finding amputee woman attractive. She did not understand since her amputation was due to cancer at an early teen age. But over the years she became very open about her desire to be s*exy and I explain to her. You are very s*exy to me and the more honest I was about her one leg and stump being one of her attractions to me, I convinced her to feel beautiful. It took over 11 years for my parents to see my wife without her leg, she would always were her prosthetic. Her parents never talk about her amputation, they just pretend she is normal and abled. Her brothers are the same. I was the first one to confront them and tell them they are doing more damage by not acknowledging her as amputee. My wife and I have worked on going in public without her leg. She is shy, but has tried. When we go on vacation she doesnt care because she says nobody knows her. she never felt comfortable in outside of her home because neighbors can see her. Inside the house she never wears her prosthetic unless we are about to go out.

To this day I am working with my wife to get confidence. She has been an amputee more than 30 years and she feels the weight of society staring and not understanding. I tell her that all that matters is how she feels, accepting her amputation, which she does but sometimes she forgets for a slight moment. I tell her that is a good thing to have Devotees who would want to be with an amputee woman because if they werent it would be a lonely world for them. She says it already is a lonely world for amputee woman, they dont feel attracted, even if they know about devotee, they feel used for sexual desires, they feel judged by society, they feel forgotten by everyone. The world is design for abled people, and having a disability is an after thought. A woman that becomes and amputee does become more s*exy for devotees. However, the way we Devotees approach woman needs a strategy that is caring and natural. It may have some sexual desire, but overall to look at that amputee woman as a person who is going through a lot in life. I still struggle with not being an amputee myself and I will do whatever it takes to become one safely.

For the time being, my closeness to my wife has built into love for her and our family. I do not know why I have these desires, I never chose to have them they just evolved.

star_dust_sk
Новичок

16 Feb 2022, 09:11

illustrious22,

This was very, very interesting and humble confession. Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading it a lot. And I'm also glad to meet another absolvent of Carol's Univeristy of Devoteesm, so to say ;-) By the way, now that you mentioned it, I recalled I tried to pretend too, as a child, but only in the shelter of our home (when I was alone, of course). Anyway, it never worked for me, I did it only few times. I think it was just out of the curiosity of what it might feel like to be disabled. As I said, never worked for me.

What drives me nuts though, and it can be seen in your post too, is the fact that devotees feel lonely and struggle to find a partner, and amputees feel lonely and struggle to find a partner too - while the solution is so obvious and straightforward as only few other things in this world. I mean these groups are so evidently compatible that it's hard to believe they both still have to struggle. Take a right a person from one group, put it together with the right person from the other group and you must end up with a match made in heaven. I'm wondering why we don't see it happen on daily basis.

I think it's mostly because we just cannot get past the fact that the initial trigger is - such a terrifying thing as - disability. We are feeling bad for being attracted by the disability, disabled people are feeling bad for being attractive due to disability. Somehow we are all forgetting that it's just the physical attribute, as good and acceptable as any other. And at the end it's two full, complete human beings that either fall in love with each other or not, and the disability will play only a partial role in it. It's exactly the same as for "ordinary" people. We should not overrate the disability thing only because it's usually linked to a kind of tragedy or trauma.

Two friends of mine have always been into skinny girls. They found their loves, got married, got children... Do you think they still need to discuss the skinny thing over and over? Or that they feel bad because this "uniqueness" of one of the partner was the initial trigger of their love? Bulls*it, they just enjoy being together, being admired by the partner who puts them on pedestal because they are the way they are. It doesn't really matter if it's because of skinny body, full calves, big bosom, roundy bottom, thick glasses, tattoos all over the body or... simply a missing limb.

I believe it must work the same between devotees and amputees too. There's no reason why it should be different, at least I don't see one. Maybe all what we need is to get a bit more relaxed about the disability & attraction thing and not get over-sensitive about it. It's a part of the life of disabled people and devotees just welcome it to become a part of their life too. To me it looks pretty normal, nothing to really wonder about.

skippiebg
Интересующийся
Sex: -

17 Feb 2022, 23:52

I have a friend who is a member of this board but now desires anonymity, so he has asked me to post this on his behalf.

-------

My second marriage is coming to a messy end. The first, to a one-legged lady, lasted from 1981 to 1994. The current one, to another one-legged lady, started in 1996. Some thoughts follow...

Amputation is not a character trait. Compatibility between an amputee and a devotee can be high, but it can also be very low, or nil. Hard work on the relationship can repay itself, but ultimately the lack of compatibility intervenes in a myriad ways on a daily basis and tends to destroy it.

Amputation disfigures the body, and the mind follows. Amputees are no longer made in the image of God. In itself, a one-legged person is surprisingly “undisabled”. I have been astounded at the surprising degree to which my two wives have been (and are!) perfectly healthy and able. Many other conditions (paraplegia, the consequences of polio, multiple amputations, even Parkinson's Disease) are more disabling, and in some cases very considerably more disabling. But the disfigurement, even when cosmetically concealed, is life-long and visible. It the disfigurement and its visibility that harm amputees' mental health.

My first wife drank too much, and it was this that destroyed our marriage. I put up with it until a very disturbing social/work occasion at which she got badly drunk in public and damaged my career badly. I forgave her, a year or two together followed, but things were never the same and my anger and her continued drinking finished it off.

My second wife has a very difficult high leg amputation which makes prosthetic fitting very problematic. She has used crutches maybe 3/4 or more of the time ever since losing her leg some 44 years ago. (Indeed, as you can imagine, I found this very attractive, which in retrospect makes me sad.) This exposes her to a merciless and unremitting public curiosity. She has always found this aspect of her life extremely trying and she has always fought hard to recover her mental balance. She is a tough cookie (a very tough cookie, in fact! I take my hat off to her!!!), but after her menopause, she has become ever angrier and ever more controlling, and it is this that has destroyed our relationship in a very traumatic manner.

Both my wives have understood devoteeism in their own individual ways and each has enjoyed it at strictly set occasions and in strictly set individual ways that were not always very clear to me. Sadly, this empathy on their part was not enough to save either relationship.

Now, don’t get me wrong – I am not an angel by any means! Being a devotee means I am carrying an awful lot of extra mental baggage. This makes me more likely to be a bad partner. I have outlandish sexual desires and do not fit into the normal pattern of life. So I, too, am to blame for the failure of my two marriages.

illustrious22

18 Feb 2022, 02:42

To achieve a form of balance in a relationship between and amputee and the devotee, there needs to be a strong common devotion of trust, companionship and a future. My wife and I do have kids, this is one common bond, but we constantly reinforce our companionship by taking action on goals and experiences we want to share as a family. For example my wife knows I find her very attractive and she reciprocates her love to me in many ways. We work on our communication and interaction skills with each other families, friends, and the public we meet. I encourage her to have a distraction when we go out, if she is not using her leg because it is too heavy. Her bone is less than 3 inches. We take, her scooter, and her crutches, to help her chose. If she is tired of sitting she may want to use her crutches or vise versa. Sometimes she needs to wear her prosthetic for appearances, because she is meeting someone and she wants to avoid the "what happen to your leg" question. Most of the time we go as a family, my two kids and I and support her. We stand and walk close to her, never let her be judge alone. This is the key.

My problem, like I stated in my previous post is that I am jealous of her. But this is actually helpful, I am letting her be independent, I am not baby sitting her, we challenge her to hikes, swimming, or long walks. She is constantly being told by older people that she is doing great or great job, but why? The public is looking at her as if what she has is doing (normal things) is something to be rewarded with a praise. Were in reality it is bringing to her attention that she is standing out as a one legged woman. That the normal woman has two legs and she is somehow so different they must make note of it out loud.

During our almost 17 years of marriage we have grown to fight the family pettiness, to ignore the looks, to stand for just being together. I know that I am a Devotee, she knows that, but she does not know that I am a Wannabe. I am afraid she would not understand that. And this is the dilemma, I adore my wife and love her, and that is because she brings me closer to my Wannabe dream. However it allows me to view a Devotee in a different perspective. I am not just physically attracted to her but I am invested in her because she is my best friend, my partner in life, and mother to our children. I see how important she is to our family and I work hard to ensure we have a future together. This includes a roof over our head, money for a rainy day, food, clothes, outings, and so much more. As a result I am happy to an extent. I still look at pictures of amputee woman even though I have an amputee wife. This will never change. I look at pictures and videos of them and wonder how lucky they are to be an amputee. I wonder why is it that disable woman are treated so different from folks that are not devotees. Imagine if they were no devotee's, how horrific life for the amputee woman would be, if they are lonely now, and devotees are lonely now. How worse could it get when both groups are not talking to each other, to help each other reach their next goal, to live this life without the feeling of completion or some happiness.

As a Devotee, before my wife I felt the strong urge to meet an amputee woman to date. Not to marry just date for a long time. My strongest urge has always been to find a surgeon that can amputate my left leg mid thigh. But by meeting an amputee woman, I would be so close to my goal that I would feel satisfaction. Let me tell you that I feel partial, some days I feel so jealous of her that I do not want to be touch by her. Some days is the complete opposite, I feel so connected that I want to be glued to her. But I have learn and she has too, that we Devotee are strange, that our mind is weird, and that our actions may not make sense but it will keep us together as long as we communicate our wishes and beliefs for each other.

As a Devotee I was an introverted, very shy, kept to myself. As an amputee she has always been very shy, private and lack confidence. After I met her, I had to fight to change, and I did, I became confident after getting a better job to support her, getting speaking classes, creating a few S-Corp and LLC businesses, exposing myself to speaker conventions. Why because she gave me the passion to make sure we don't fail in life, remember we got married because she was pregnant. I am now so different because of her, she remain the same, but I changed and as the years went by. I wanted to show her off, not to other devotees but to the public that never treated her right. I wanted to ensure she was visible, not because of her disability but because she is a human being and it happens that she has one leg. Our outings were very strange at first, she felt like everyone was staring, and in truth, people do because a one leg woman in public dress nice is rare. They stare to observe, and critic the disability and ability of the person who does not look like a two legged person. And is these judgements that shrink the confidence of these woman even more. We have met other amputee woman via local support groups like Challenge Athlete Foundation meetings. but these woman are much much younger than my wife, and they are growing up in a internet, social media age that is helping them not be too shy. More than one of them has stated "I post pictures of everything from my scar to my food online" they just want the clicks. They are aware of Devotee but do not understand them, they think we are perverts and just looking for pleasure. In reality, I have not told them I am one, because we are afraid they would not talk to us. But my wife is counseling them on the challenges of being a one legged person, how they must adapt their home, their car, and their life to their disability . When I see them, I only feel my jealousy of not being like them, I do not want them in bed or anything. This helps me keep a real conversation and not focus on their amputation, besides my wife is right next to me and she knows how I truly feel about her. She has mention in the past that if I meet a much younger amputee female I would leave her, she fears this. But if she would only know the truth that I am foremost a Wannabe and that leaving her would not solve my problem, it wont complete me, it wont make me whole (yes having my leg amputated makes me whole, I get the irony). My pain is internal, it is very real, it rules my thoughts and I can not share it with her. I am glad this forum exists, so that I can vent out my thoughts.

star_dust_sk
Новичок

18 Feb 2022, 10:55

skippiebg, illustrious22,

Guys, thank you very much for your posts. You have no idea how valuable they are for me, since they are views of persons with real experience on the topic. I cannot speak from my own experience and I admit my thoughts and opinions may look (or even be) naive or plainly wrong. I just genuinely believe things can be done right, there must be a way how to do them right and come to a bilateral happiness. It could be hard for you, illustrious22, I understand that. Even if it would be technically possible to achieve your dream (Christine has made it, after all), it would have meant such a huge mental challenge that I think it could be easily a bigger obstacle than arranging the operation itself. To explain it to your kids, friends, colleagues... And I didn't mention your wife because I think without the full support and understanding from her side it simply wouldn't work. I hope I'm not a gaslighter by saying that, I just wanted to express my deep and hearty sympathy for you. I truly believe there's a chance that your wife might get to understand you and help you achieve the unimaginable.

I think she has to accept and respect your desire first. I'm sure she must have noticed how much you changed for her, I think she must be aware of all the support and understanding you (and your kids under your leadership - I guess) have been providing to her. You did a lot of things right and properly, in my opinion, hat off to you, sir. I'm pretty sure she can see it too and must appreciate it a lot. Maybe it's time (or in near future) to let her show her understanding and support for you in return. I don't want to be a bad adviser here, I would suggest to see also the opinion of others on this too, and I surely know it's a risky step. Even if you get her blessings to go on, the fight would still not be over. But I'm sure you would at least feel much better then, anyway.

Regarding what skippiebg said, I would like to speak about the social perception of amputees and their consequent self-confidence. I think this is the area that needs to be improved a lot and could payoff a lot in return. Maybe we are on a good track nowadays when we do accept disabilities more than ever before. But I will have to sort my thoughts first, before I put them on paper :-)

Have a nice day
StarDust

star_dust_sk
Новичок

18 Feb 2022, 14:43

Ok, so about the public reactions to disabled people, or ladies for this matter. This is surely one of biggest issues they have to deal with and mostly - they cannot really do much about it - which is undoubtedly extremely frustrating. I take it. But if we try to understand what's happening and why it is happening, maybe we/they can come to terms with it, at least to some extent, and try to make most of cards we/they have been dealt.

The first aspect is curiosity. I'm afraid this cannot be avoided and will be with us forever. It's because it is simply the most natural reaction. Look at kids, if they see a disabled person they turn heads and stare almost invariably, not from the pity but from sheer and pure curiosity. As they grow up they learn to "behave politely" and not to stare but - there is always that short moment before one realizes what is he/she looking at and before the learned politeness kicks in. That's the moment of staring that cannot be avoided by any education. Never. We just have to accept it and try to live with it. It could get better if there were more disabilities to be seen in streets, the rareness would not be that high and stares would be less curious. But it's a neverending circle - disabled people are trying to hide their disability because we stare and we stare because we are not used to the presence of disability around us. Such circles are very hard to break.

The second type is a stare of pity. This one is absolutely dumb and there's nothing much to say about it. One doesn't need to be a rocket engineer to understand that pity is the least thing any disabled person needs. It doesn't comfort them, nor make their lives easier. Pity is not empathy, pity is humiliating and... I'm getting short of words a little, since I'm getting upset just writing about it, sorry. That's just absolutely stupid. Honestly, I think the genuine curiosity is much better than the pity, definitely.

Third, the stare of shock and praise. I think, illustrious22 had mentioned it too in his post. It's this "such a brave cripple" thing. Hearing word "brave" in connection with a disabled person just rolls my eyes up. Holly crap, what's brave on the fact that they just live their lives as normally as possible? Yeah, they could have been hiding inside their apartments and getting drown in the sea of tears of self-pity. Is it really brave to not do just that? Hell, no! We all know they are amazingly capable, armless ladies preparing scrambled eggs like a pro, even quadruple amputees being able to take care of themselves and live independent lives. Skillful and inventing? Yes! Brave? No, why? Just leading a normal life.

Fourth, the stare of admiration. Yep, we are getting to the devotee's stuff finally. Normally, this type of stare should be acceptable by disabled persons - of course, as long as the 'stare' doesn't get annoying which it usually does as that's basically the definition of 'stare'. So let's say "look of admiration", instead. If somebody looks at us admiringly, it is usually a pleasing feeling, isn't it? So how's that it doesn't work with disabled people the same way too (in most cases)?

I think it's because of their own picture of themselves. I will take a help from KimberleyB and her article about devotee phenomenon again. She thinks she is pretty. Ok, she's in a bit different situation since she's a congenital DAK amputee and never knew otherwise. Nonetheless, she thinks she is pretty and she has got good reasons to think so. Now, the society accepts her perceiving herself as pretty, nobody with common-sense ever called her sick because of that. But if anybody else would think she's pretty, he would get the "sick weirdo" label immediately. Where's the logic in it? If we (as a society) accept she is right about seeing her own beauty, why we don't accept others seeing the same beauty too? And it goes even further - if we say it's sick to consider her beautiful, then we are actually saying she is sick too. But that's not true, of course, there's nothing sick about her.

That's why the very first and most important thing in regard to disabled persons is to show them and let them know they are (or could be, if they decide so) BEAUTIFUL. Yes, they might be disfigured, often asymmetric and they are not made in image of God anymore - but still - this doesn't define the actual beauty. Prettiness is not measured in number of limbs. One-legged lady gliding elegantly and (seemingly) effortlessly around on her crutches is more beautiful than a two-legger lumbering around like a bag of potatoes. And I believe even "ordinary" men must admit that, as long as they can get past the "oh god, she's missing a leg!" shock. I said it before, I'm not a strict devotee, I love non-disabled women too and a pair of gorgeous legs can drive me crazy without any problem - but I do appreciate and see the beauty of disabled girls too and I find them somehow more interesting, more intriguing, than "ordinary" ones. And I just don't get it why others don't see the same, especially disabled people themselves as they must have got used to their own appearance more than anybody else. And they must know damn well that they are not actually THAT different or less capable than others. Still, they often don't think they are pretty and if WE think so, we are perverts. I really don't get it.

With that said, I believe if we let them, disabled ladies, see their own prettiness and if we manage to get them understand that the disability had not ruined it at all, moreover it could even added a kind-of exotics to their physical selves, they would finally accept (and enjoy) our admiration towards them and we can be both happy. Well, at least that's how I see it.

CNLexi
Житель
Sex: female
Ваш Знак зодиака: Весы

23 Feb 2022, 13:53

star_dust_sk wrote:
16 Feb 2022, 09:11
I believe it must work the same between devotees and amputees too. There's no reason why it should be different, at least I don't see one
I have to give you a seed of truth there, good sir. It's the combination of both, that should work. If things not go off hand, and it's not a pure fixation on a body distinctive parts, then it's all good. Other way around would just be a burden and ruin the whole relationship eventually for both partners.

Patrz, mój synu - kry płyną wśród bezbrzeżnej rzeki - nad nią drzewa z gałęzi obcięte - kaleki.
Patrz, mój synu - nie wody szumią, lecz pacierze - nie kry płyną - lecz z sztandarów obdarci rycerze.

star_dust_sk
Новичок

23 Feb 2022, 16:30

CNLexi,

I fully agree. It's also related to the other topic I have opened - Devotees vs. fetishists. The main problem of pure fetishists (in general) is that they are fixated to a single thing or object. Stump, crutches... whatever. I have stumbled upon one who was into girl's flip-flops. Plenty of pictures of woman legs and feet inside flip-flops, almost all of them just from knees downward! Everything above the knee was out of interest for him. I believe this is something what makes the clear difference between a devotee and a fetishist (or between a big-tits lover and busty women lover - here the same difference is also obvious). Devotee is supposed to be attracted to a PERSON with disability, and not only to the DISABILITY itself. Damn, then it must work :-)

The disability might be the main attraction, but the whole circus must be worth paying for the ticket - if I may lighten the topic up a bit :D Otherwise it would be a boring show for both sides, and I would emphasize the word "both" in it, because it involves the 'disabled' side too. They have to understand it's normal if one attribute is more appreciated by the partner than other attributes and if we (devotees) appreciate even the disability itself - well, that should be even better, considering for most of the rest of the world it would clearly be a showstopper.

As I said before (and I'm probably going in circles around it), I think we should not get over-sensitive about the disability thing (and I'm not ignoring its bothersome impact on one's life here) and look at it as a purely physical attribute of the person and treat it as such. Some may like it, others might not. None way is good or bad or even sick. The only thing that matters and could make us good or bad is to see and accept the whole person and not the flip-flops only (even if we all think flip-flops are super s*exy, so to say... you know what I mean by that :wink: ).

Supporting Ukraine.

CNLexi
Житель
Sex: female
Ваш Знак зодиака: Весы

23 Feb 2022, 16:39

star_dust_sk, I'm quit new to the subject of devotee/amputee one on one, though I had a brief interaction with it on my working place. I'm not a devotee or an amputee in a pure understanding, so get me right here. At any case, since I've joined this forum some things went really clear for me, and once again I do agree with you on most things here. The only thing that really breaks the point of an attraction for a devotee is that in most cases it's a distinctive situation being a catalyst. In the case of "green eyes" or "blond hair" it's more of a demographic thing.

Patrz, mój synu - kry płyną wśród bezbrzeżnej rzeki - nad nią drzewa z gałęzi obcięte - kaleki.
Patrz, mój synu - nie wody szumią, lecz pacierze - nie kry płyną - lecz z sztandarów obdarci rycerze.

star_dust_sk
Новичок

23 Feb 2022, 17:41

CNLexi,

I cannot speak for others but for me the "cumulative score" model fits the best. Now don't take me wrong, I'm not assigning scores or whatever figures to ladies around me, it's just a mathematical model that seems to describe best, or most accurately, how it all works for me. In reality, all happens inside me, either in brain or in heart, I have no clue, and my body just lets me know the result in a form of bigger-or-smaller gush of hormones flooding my innards when looking at a girl (any in general).

Ok, so let's assume an average girl - average face, legs, figure, breasts, ass,... everything. Let's say she would score 50 points then (hell, I hate to write it like that, it's really only for the sake of math model). And let's say my level of attraction is somewhere around 70. Now, if the girl from our example had a really nice breasts, she would jump to 60, let's say. But if she was missing a leg, she would jump to 80. With a "neat" stump it would be then 82, with a scarred one 78 - I'm mentioning this only to illustrate that for others it might be 90 vs. 70. You see, the perception of the actual state of disability is very individual from devotee to devotee. Some prefers long stumps, some short ones, etc. If our virtual girl was missing a leg and an arm, she would jump to 90 (for me), maybe. And so on, the exact numbers are pointless, they are just good to demonstrate the cumulative character of individual attributes in the overall perception of girl's beauty (in my eyes).

With that said, two things are immediately clear. First - the disability is not enough. If the girl is not appealing for me otherwise, the disability would not help (or perhaps only a very, very specific one). And second - if an able bodied girl is stunningly beautiful, she can easily pass my 'level of attraction' and doesn't need to be disabled. I have met plenty of those and happily married one of them.

That's how it works for me. One thing still needs to be said though - this all applies only to the physical beauty, something what you can judge from a picture, for instance. If there is a real contact with the girl, maybe few sentences exchanged or just a possibility to watch her act in different situations, it can change the whole perception of her. To both sides, of course. But that's the same with 'ordinary' men (non-devotees) and girls (non-disabled ones) too, I guess :)

By the way, it's quite strange to meet somebody who is neither dev nor amp on a forum dedicated to devs and amps. Moreover somebody such active as you are :wink: What is it what drives your wheel here?

Supporting Ukraine.