How?

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Lebucheron
Sex: male
Belgium

Re: How?

12 Dec 2021, 13:34

Most of the illustrated quadruple amputees are probably born like that ; happily, quadruple amputations after illness or accidents are unfrequent.

pjer4388
Интересующийся
Sex: -

Re: How?

12 Dec 2021, 18:00

Taffdev wrote:
21 Oct 2019, 15:17
Some years back I had to spend 6 weeks on crutches due to an accident. It was, without doubt, the most effective and efficient diet I've ever been on - the weight dropped off me - just from going about my normal daily life. So when we hear that mobilising via crutches expends around 60% more energy - and a similar figure when using a standard AK prosthesis - I believe it. With that in mind I've often wondered how young and presumably active SAK's manage to remain overweight? Note I said REMAIN because I appreciate that weight gain can result from chemo, post op inactivity and depression induced overeating. But once up and about every movement uses at least one and a half times the energy. It really does puzzle me! I'm attaching a couple of pics of 'Fantasy' as an illustration of an extreme example of what I'm talking about.

Early days - not my taste really

More recently - I rest my case
I think it depends of activity. If you spend a lot of time on crutches then you will stay slim and fit. But if you spend most of your time lying on bed in front of tv, you will grow weight as fast as two-legged people.
For example, my girlfriend eats like hell, but she spends a lot of time on crutches and she is super slim.