Another UK Newbie

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
Taffdev
Интересующийся
Sex: male
Wales

Another UK Newbie

14 Aug 2018, 10:53

Having posted a few of comments I guess it's time I introduced myself.

Well, as the title states, I'm from the U.K. - Wales to be precise. 63 years young and a lifelong SAK dev so I guess I'm in the majority where amp preference is concerned.

However, without wishing to sound smug, I think I'm in the minority of being a dev who's actually had intimate contact with an amp - having been married to a RAK for 9 years before (sadly) she passed away earlier this year. In answer to the anticipated questions; Yes we met after she lost the leg and Yes she knew I was a dev.

I look forward to having some civil exchanges of views and information on here. There's far too few communication platforms available to us.

Ampdev13
Sex: -

Re: Another UK Newbie

15 Sep 2018, 10:48

Taffdev, i know you've touched on it before, but could you tell me what it's like being in a relationship with an amputee as a devotee?

Topic Author
Taffdev
Интересующийся
Sex: male
Wales

18 Oct 2018, 02:40

Ampdev13, Firstly, please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to you - I don't know where this past month has gone!

But that month has given me time to apply serious thought to my answer and, after much soul searching, I must confess that (in my case), reality didn't live up to the fantasy.

Don't get me wrong, she was gorgeous with a great personality and would easily have passed for being in her late 40s rather than her true age of 59 when we first met. She was also very accommodating of my being a dev and probably the best lover I've ever had - though of course being minus a leg helped in that department tremendously. In fact the only things that marred this otherwise perfect woman, were her numerous hangups about her leg - which she lost 5 years previously due to diabetes - and her age.

So when I came along and tried to encourage her out of the wheelchair that had become her comfort and safety zone I hit a brick wall of lack of confidence, courage and will.

She tried (bless her, for my sake more than her own I think), to use crutches and the new prosthetic that I fought tooth and nail to get for her. But 5 years of only standing to transfer from one chair to another, all the time thinking herself "a cripple and a spastic" - her words, not mine - had taken their toll and age wasn't on her side. But I loved her and miss her because in so many other ways she was wonderful.

With hindsight I left finding my perfect woman too late. In consequence I've yet to see whether I'll ever fulfill my fantasy of walking alongside an amputee using crutches or a prosthetic. I live in hope.

Wheeliewoman
Новичок
Sex: female

01 Feb 2020, 14:55

So sorry to hear about your wife. I wish there were more men like you who can empathise with amputee ladies. Thank you for posting that.