From the snows of Europe

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
CNLexi
Житель
Sex: female
Ваш Знак зодиака: Весы

Re: From the snows of Europe

29 Dec 2021, 10:09

I'll try to end up on English branch more often. And by all means I'd gladly support your idea of a good discussion)

Patrz, mój synu - kry płyną wśród bezbrzeżnej rzeki - nad nią drzewa z gałęzi obcięte - kaleki.
Patrz, mój synu - nie wody szumią, lecz pacierze - nie kry płyną - lecz z sztandarów obdarci rycerze.

Tommy
Интересующийся
Sex: male

30 Dec 2021, 13:38

That sounds excellent! ;-) So here we are.... Let´s find a topic... I´m located in southern part of Germany, middle aged (some might say that I´m already beyond my peak, but physical age is just a number) and while I´m actively watching a few sites like this forum here, I´m most of the time not very active when it comes to discussing... Do you speak English or do you use a translator?

Topic Author
CNLexi
Житель

31 Dec 2021, 12:35

Tommy wrote:
30 Dec 2021, 13:38
So here we are.... Let´s find a topic... I´m located in southern part of Germany, middle aged (some might say that I´m already beyond my peak, but physical age is just a number) and while I´m actively watching a few sites like this forum here, I´m most of the time not very active when it comes to discussing... Do you speak English or do you use a translator?
I'm opened for any kind of things to talk about :) As for me, I live in Poland for a long time. I do speak English, it's almost my second native language, but I don't practice it much.

Patrz, mój synu - kry płyną wśród bezbrzeżnej rzeki - nad nią drzewa z gałęzi obcięte - kaleki.
Patrz, mój synu - nie wody szumią, lecz pacierze - nie kry płyną - lecz z sztandarów obdarci rycerze.

Tommy
Интересующийся

03 Jan 2022, 09:21

CNLexi wrote:
31 Dec 2021, 12:35
I'm opened for any kind of things to talk about :) As for me, I live in Poland for a long time. I do speak English, it's almost my second native language, but I don't practice it much.
Poland is a nice country with very friendly people! I´ve been at several cities over the past 20 years (Rybnik, Radom, Torun, Olsztyn, Leszno) and I have really enjoyed all my trips! But you are not a native polish woman right? You where born in Ukraine? I haven´t been to Ukraine yet, but I hope that I have the chance to go at some point. I also have a few "friends" there, Odessa and Lutsk.

Topic Author
CNLexi
Житель

03 Jan 2022, 09:25

Tommy, No, I've moved to Ukraine from G.B. (to Odessa, btw).

Tommy
Интересующийся

03 Jan 2022, 13:42

CNLexi, oh, so now that explains why English is your second native language! :-) It seems you are kind of a globe trotter... Do you like moving around a lot? To be honest, while i certainly love travelling (for vacation and on business trips) I wouldn´t really want to move away from the area I was born, grew up, have all my family and friends....

Topic Author
CNLexi
Житель

03 Jan 2022, 13:47

Tommy, I personally love long and intensive traveling, but for the last two years didn't move much because of some health complications and more sitting work here on location. May be in a few years I'll get back on a track, though I need to put more efforts in training

Tommy
Интересующийся

03 Jan 2022, 16:07

CNLexi, I see! I hope and wish you that the complications will soon "disappear" and that you will be able to resume travelling. My travelling has been limited by Covid lately... but I hope to be able to travel again in late spring, early summer.

Topic Author
CNLexi
Житель

04 Jan 2022, 14:04

Tommy, I still ride out to mountains and wild places near by, generally speaking, but I hardly can name it "travelling" U_U

Tommy
Интересующийся

04 Jan 2022, 16:33

CNLexi, I know what you mean... travelling is going to foreign places, other countries, continents, cultures... What you do is more "exploring the surrounding neighborhood". When you say "ride" do you mean horseback riding or riding a bike or motorbike or what?