it is my tun to be on wheels

Forum rules
Communication only in English!!!
Messages in other languages will be deleted!!!

Topic Author
wcampdev
Sex: male

it is my tun to be on wheels

15 May 2020, 23:49

So, it is my turn to start my life as i need.

For me, be on wheels is something wich really attracked me since many many years.

Since fews month, i spent lot of time ( i should say most of my time) to read, share , learn about biid and wannabe feeling.

And, there will be a moment that u have to say u: ''ok, go"

That is exactly what i did. So i went to rent shop to have a wheelchair ( basic one, but i love it because it is my first one). i decided to take it for 2 days.

As i can do it at home, and job not anymore, i decided to start in town far from home.

I arrived in this town, park my vehicule, and go ,out with chair.

WOOOW, let s go, it is my turn. This time is real, not a dream, not fiction. REALITY

How describe it, i dont have word: great is not enough. it is an unexpetable satisfaction to be on wheels. really.

I start at 11am. the first meters are little hard, it was the first time i drive it, so my ways are not really straight. That s why i choosed a park not to near form center, with not to much people too.

The first minut are WOOOW: i have spasms on my legs for the first 15 minuts: i mean really big spasms. so great feeling.

So spasms leave, and i can go on wheels.

First, it is not so easy that i expected : you need to have big arms to go on wheels ( maybe my wc is not the best, but, whatever, it s not so easy)

So, you will see that roads and sidewalk are never flat. correct right, correct left, never straight way ( for me at this time)

But feelings are here, really.

After less than 500 meters, i take moment for rest me.

I take some pictures near the lake..wow it is my turn , it is difficult to realise that i m on wheels and outside, with people. WOW

Some people have just a see and little smile.

Little children on stroller look at me , and seems to say '' why this adult is in stroller too"; it makes me smile.

I ride, i ride i ride...take picture of me in front of shop windows, woow, it s me, great!!

i still didnt realise.

Or i should say yes, i realize when blister come on my fingers: i knew that i have to take glovers, but i forgot it at home because of excitation.

And my arms become tired , i m on it since 2 or 3 hours.

so ok, i m ready, i decided to go to centrum.

I cross some people, but lot of them ''didnt see' me..that should be this that people on wheels say. i am invisble..cool....in fact not, it is not so cool. For me i choose it, so i dont be worried. but for those they didnt choose, i understand now how it can be diificult for them.

So have a tour on centrum, and go back to my park..woow, tired, my arms are just a big pain: but i dont worry, it is a really strange feeling, betwin pain and satisfaction. but great.

1, 2, 3, 4 ,5 blisters..ok next time glovers, for sure.

it is 5:30pm, woow,more than 6 hours on wheel for my first time ( and i think some 6 or 7 kilometers)

So it is time to go back home..

So the next day, i was come back. another this time, always near from lake: And this time with gloves on hands.
As roads and sidewalk were more flat and slic, i was better than th elast day before

Balance sheet for these first days: pain on my arm, blister on my finger ( think to take gloves!! )
, but stars in my eyes and in my mind. I NEED IT , for sure

So great experience ..unexpectable great....better that i ever dream, that i thought, woow.
Sure my story with wheels will nor be ended tomorrow

Canot wait for the next time

Romka
Житель
Ваш Знак зодиака: Рыбы

Re: it is my tun to be on wheels

16 May 2020, 20:15

Interesting report! And not the slightest fear that suddenly any acquaintance, friend or even relative pops up in front of you?

Topic Author
wcampdev

17 May 2020, 11:35

No. i spent much time to choose town far from home, and wheelcahir friendly too. Maybe a day, i willnot disturb if i meet someone i know, but not yet at this moment. Maybe if i find a friend with biid like me, or real para, it will be easy for me: if we will see someone he knows, i am the para, and him the friend who try wheelchair, and i it s some one i know, he will be the para and i, the friend who try wheelchair. Simple no?

bladerunner
Ваш Знак зодиака: Рыбы

29 Aug 2020, 11:17

Hi "wcampdev"!!!

I liked so much your way to describe your first experience on a wheelchair.......that I'm here to tell you my experience!
My name is Maurizio, from Rome, Italy. I'm 58 y.o. and I'm using a wheelchair since I was 9 y.o. I have a genetic problem: the same had a great French jazz musician passed away in 1999, MICHEL PETRUCCIANI (I hope you knew him!). All of my bones are fragile. So is better to me living on a wheelchair insted of walking! In this way my life is ok and I'm happy to live!! I have a normal life. I got a degree in 1986 and I worked for 36 years in a bank. Now I retired and spending my life following only what I like to do: driving my car and visiting many beautiful places or going to cinema, theatre, cooking in my home (I'm single-handed and my house is completely ok for my wheelchair), reading, listening music i like so much, and so on (including s*ex, naturally!!!). I'm also voluntary in an Hospice for terminally ill people.
I think I'm a lucky man!!! Fortunately my healt is ok and I hope having a long happy life for many many years!!!
Considering all......I think living on a wheelchair isn't a tragedy and is possible to have a wonderful life if your country is full of elevators, ramps and without steps to crossover!!!
The only problem is to find someone (a girl or a lady, by my side) who love me!!! I hope I'll find her (in fact I'm looking for a female devotee could love my wheelschair and me too, naturally!!!). But without her.......is ok for me too! But "whit" could be better, surely!!!!

Let me know something about you (if you agree so), including if you know a girl or a lady could me my devotee!!!!
:D :D :D

Maurizio

Topic Author
wcampdev

19 Sep 2020, 22:41

hello bladerunner
of course ok to share u.
u can email me: wcampdev, at g mail
of course dot com

Topic Author
wcampdev

19 Sep 2020, 23:13

hello,
when i started this post, i said to me that it should be cool if i follow it as my experience increase.
so here is the first step

So, i m back: For these first 2 days, i rented a basic chair, without cushion: i know, it s not the dream, but feeling were here. so, i m still happy to started with it.
So , fews days later, i met a friend on internet who came with me and lent me a very active chair (kuschall ksl) and i understood the difference betwin basic and good chair. So , as it s sure that my life on wheels was only started, i decided to buy my own: after 2 or 3 weeks, i find a sopur argon on second hand market. I had to change tyres, and buy a cushion.
So i was right to go on wheels when i want, without have to go to the rentshop.
Since 1month and half, i was able to do more than 15 trip on wheel,( from fews hour to a full day), and u know what, i still love it. It is still a so great pleasure to sit down and go around. still difficult to store it at the end. But now, when i store it, i know that next time is never very far, so it help me.
If i may give an advice for the sooner wannabe/biid user, don t hesitate too much to have your own chair, feeling is REALLY so good when u are on it. Unexpectable feeling. try it, u will see i was right.
dont hesitate to pm me i u want

Topic Author
wcampdev

19 Sep 2020, 23:13

here is the second step

i m back to let u know how is my life with my ( loving ) chair/
Since last time, i did more than 10 trip more, so my counter is 27 today.
Great first time, my last was yesterday and today, with hotel , with wheelchair and compatible room, wich was really amazing and fun.
I m so happy ( and proud) to have been able to do it.
Morover, it was a trip with 2 others friend, wich was also a first time for me ( i already did with one, but never more).
This evening, i feel as a so lucky man, really.
What a change in few month and i discovered i really need to go in chair...wooow